Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compromised OL Off season plan
(02-15-2022, 01:58 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Hopkins is overrated by virtue of not sucking as much as the other guys around him. It's true. What if I told you Bodine had better PFF scores than Hopkins?
Andrew Norwell is target number one. Supposedly he wants to come here. Re-sign Spain, but put him on the right side (he can play both sides, Norwell is pretty much LG-only). Since the Ratbirds look like they're letting Bozeman test FA, get him, and weaken the enemy. Finally, as the blockbuster, trade 31 this year, 64 next year (hehe), and Carman for Ryan Ramczyk. Take advantage of the Saints' dire cap situation and get a proven stud. Given his contract's structure, they gain $7.8M in precious cap space this year (albeit with sizeable dead money), and clear his deal off the books (can help ease their restructures). Swing for the fences move.

LT: Jonah
LG: Norwell ($21M/3yr)
C: Bozeman ($32M/4yr)
RG: Spain ($2.5M/1 year)
RT: Ramczyk ($19.2M cap hit)

Backups: D'Ante Smith, draft pick, draft pick, and Hill/Sutherland. Draft two guys in the mid-late rounds to serve as depth/developmental pieces. We need reliable veterans.

$36.7M total cap space for the four, $30.7M net drop in space (factoring in Hopkins cut).
Show Fred Johnson, Adeniji, and Prince the door.

Doubt it happens, but let me dream.
A lot of moving parts here, but not a terrible plan.  

My main criticism would be Spain to RG.  He played some RG in 2020 and did not seem to do as well as he did when at LG this season.  LG has been his primary spot throughout his career.  It's possible that he did better in 21 due to being with the team at the start of camp and having more time to settle in, but I feel better with him on the left side.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Compromised OL Off season plan - phil413 - 12-31-2021, 12:14 PM
RE: Compromised OL Off season plan - Au165 - 01-12-2022, 06:23 PM
RE: Compromised OL Off season plan - samhain - 02-15-2022, 09:50 AM
RE: Compromised OL Off season plan - J24 - 02-16-2022, 01:17 AM