Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Playing Devil's Advocate...
If I am playing the conspiracy guy persona, I'm not going extreme and suggesting the league is rigged with a predetermined outcome of one team winning over the other before the game is even played; however, I'll offer up, again if I am conspiracy guy, that the NFL does benefit by having close games that keep fans interested in following the on field product by attending games, watching on TV, and following online in various capacities. My conspiracy hot take is that the NFL officials, when given the opportunity in games that aren't a blowout, will make the occasional call to keep teams in the game just enough to make it competitive and interesting for the duration of the game.

My bat-*$#! crazy Super Bowl conspiracy:

Throw the flag on Wilson and give the Rams a chance to win. The outcome is a close game where the Rams win based on an amazing Stafford play or Burrow leads an amazing less than 2-minute drill drive to win the game for the Bengals. Either way, it is an exciting and close game that kept people watching until the last possible minute. The NFL bottom line wins and there is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to throw around.

I don't believe this, but just offering my conspiracy take since the thread is playing the devil's advocate game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Nepa - 02-15-2022, 10:08 AM
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Pezmerga - 02-15-2022, 11:20 AM
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Sled21 - 02-15-2022, 09:40 AM
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Sled21 - 02-15-2022, 09:49 AM
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - TecmoBengals - 02-15-2022, 11:16 AM