Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glass Half Full or Half Empty?
I am looking around this board after the SuperBowl and see so many negative posts almost to the point of “we need to blow this team up and start over”. We were one play from winning the SuperBowl.

I‘d like to look at this year as an added bonus, nobody thought this team would even sniff the playoffs much less win three playoff games.

I am a glass half full person after this year. I have been a fan for nearly 50 years, so I’ve been through the bad years, so many years of listening to games on the radio and almost expecting the team to be down 21-0 at halftime every game because it happened a lot.

Consider the facts:
We are not one of the 9 teams who had to hire a new head coach this year, and we are not one of the teams who had a lot of our coaches poached from them like New England.

We have our quarterback of the future now. We aren’t like the teams who had quarterbacks retire on them this year and now will have to figure out how to replace them. Or a quarterback who isn't happy with their situation and wants a trade. Or one that might end up in prison.

In our own division, the Steelers overspent and didn’t make a succession plan so they are stuck with Rudolph or Haskins and they don’t put fear in many people. We don’t have Mayfield who makes players leave the team and tell others not to go to them. Even the Ravens aren’t what they used to be.

We are not one of the teams who is over the salary cap who are going to have to cut good players to try to meet the salary cap. Or not sign their free agents to save money. We have money to spend. And we hear all the time no about players wanting to come here to play. Most times in the past the Bengals were an afterthought unless you overpaid them to come here. Now it sounds like players want to come here. And the front office is actually spending money on good free agent, not bottom of the barrel free agents.

Yes the Rams bought their championship, but it seems like they already have players retiring, Beckham out for maybe a year, bringing retired players back who are re-retiring, over the cap, etc.

Our glass is half full and getting fuller.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - FastEddie - 02-15-2022, 12:48 PM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - pally - 02-15-2022, 01:59 PM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - Stewy - 02-15-2022, 03:15 PM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - Nepa - 02-16-2022, 12:15 AM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - Nepa - 02-16-2022, 09:31 AM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - tms - 02-16-2022, 04:09 AM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - wanga - 02-16-2022, 06:54 AM