Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Bengals head to London in 2016
(11-26-2015, 11:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: First thing to folks talking about (making up)how losing a home game will hurt our playoff chances: Since Andy Dalton has taken over for the Bengals we have won 1 more at home than they have on the road. Matter of fact we have done better on the road in 3 of the 4 seasons he has been QB.

Second thing to my English buddies: What is your pregame ritual? Do the English tailgate like we do here in the states?

Unfortunately tailgating is not part of the sporting culture over here...more's the pity.   If you're going to a football (soccer) match and its not Premier League level (my soccer team is lower leagues)  its more a case of stopping at a pub before the game then grabbing a pie/pasty from a dodgy van parked outside the stadium.  

One of the differences in the way we watch soccer.vs. gridiron historically seems to be the travel to the game.  Old stadiums are buried in the towns so you don't drive right up to the stadium and there are no mega car parks right by...you either drive and walk or take public transport and so no tail to gate from  :)  From what I've seen of the majority of US stadiums (PBS actually appears different to this which is cool) if you are not driving there you're struggling.

From what I've heard for the Wembley games there is a 'fan plaza'....but this is not tailgating as you guys would know it.  Probably just an excuse to flog more merchandise and sell burgers from approved, stadium concessions

Personally I cannot wait to the Bengals at my first ever game at Wembley..BUT but I fell in love with the NFL / America and everything that goes with that so until I see a game at PBS, with a full on tailgate BBQ, Local brewed Beer, and the Bengal stormtrooper bloke passing me the ketchup I've still not done the full NFL game experience ..Whodey!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Bengals head to London in 2016 - sonofstat - 11-26-2015, 01:30 PM