Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glass Half Full or Half Empty?
(02-15-2022, 12:58 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'm half full.  I'm actually surprised to see as many posts right now as they are from people worried that this was the window.  This team just wasn't in the position of mortgaging their future to win this year.  Yes, the AFC is going to be hard going forward.  That's fine, though.  I think this team can still beat those teams, especially with some upgrades.  I just don't feel like anyone on the team felt it was the end of the line Sunday night.  They weren't dejected to where I'd forecast they slump.  This was the dress rehearsal.  That's how I felt every game of the playoffs after the first win over the Raiders.  Everything else was cake.  

It sucks to be that close and then lose.  I was sure they'd pull it out and win again.  But a few tweaks and another year together and the team should be better next year.  How is that anything but positive?  I dunno.  I'm just choosing to be optimistic this offseason until I see something else delivered.  But I think these guys come back with a vengeance next year.  Now they REALLY have something to prove.

I'm not surprised much about that because it is related somewhat to reality.  A good example is the Browns.  Some here have suggested that their magic 2020 season was the entire window and now it's closed.  So, I can see someone questioning if we'll have continued success.  

No, what I wasn't expecting, but have seen too often repeated, is all the discussion suggesting that the NFL is rigged in some fashion, if not outright scripted.  It puzzles me why anyone would still be here who would truly believe that is the case.  If I believed that, you best believe I would never waste one minute of the rest of my life watching or discussing NFL games.  I'd probably wonder if college football and the NHL were in on it too and question caring about them, either.  

It's amazing how four scant points can mean the difference between God being in his heaven and all being right with the world versus an NFL conspiracy instituted by the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, and under the supervision of the reverse vampires.  

[Image: 1amtvd.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - FastEddie - 02-15-2022, 12:48 PM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - Awful Llama - 02-15-2022, 01:53 PM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - pally - 02-15-2022, 01:59 PM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - Stewy - 02-15-2022, 03:15 PM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - Nepa - 02-16-2022, 12:15 AM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - Nepa - 02-16-2022, 09:31 AM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - tms - 02-16-2022, 04:09 AM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - wanga - 02-16-2022, 06:54 AM