Poll: Will Joe Burrow lead the Bengals back to the Superbowl soon?
This poll is closed.
Absolutely
76.92%
60 76.92%
Negative, Ghost Rider
23.08%
18 23.08%
Total 78 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will Bengals be back in Superbowl soon?
(02-15-2022, 02:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think it is partly a function of how long someone has been a Bengals fan how optimistic they are of a quick return. The long timers who remember the way the franchise usually operates tend towards pessimism while the very recent fans tend to think otherwise.

To a degree, yes.  But I'm not a recent fan and I have more hope today than I had a year ago.  I just think this team is different.  Honestly, the notion that this team basically just tripped and fell into the SB because things rolled their way all season is insulting to the team.  Yes, some things did roll their way, and they have to for any team that takes home the final trophy, but I don't see that as the reason for their success.  

The big questions come down to how they handle this offseason.  Do they keep making improvements and show their commitment as a franchise?  If they do, I think the rest will fall into place.  What I've seen from the org the past few years indicates things are moving in a different direction than they did the 30 years prior which is why I have more hope now. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Bengals be back in Superbowl soon? - MileHighGrowler - 02-15-2022, 02:51 PM