Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Didn't We See More Rollouts?!
(02-15-2022, 04:26 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Ask Zac, he the shot caller. I have the same question.
Been looking for a Q & A!

Let me know if you find one!
(02-15-2022, 04:27 PM)TheFan Wrote: It was rare when just 1 person was being beat and it wasn't the whole line collapsing. I would guess it had to do with them not knowing which side was going to instantly collapse and therefore basically guaranteeing a 5-10 yard loss. 

Burrow is too slow to effectively utilize the rollout game if the OT will barely get more than a hand on the DE like ours were doing. We were needing our TE and RB to stay in for a second to chip just to help out so there wouldn't be a quick dump off that wouldn't get blow up. 

I'm not sure why they never tried Carmen in there when Adenji showed time and time again he was too weak. At least I don't remember Carmen being in there.
Burrow's faster rolling out than he is dropping back and it doesn't leave him as a sitting duck in the pocket. Rolling him out some would also help when he stays in the pocket because the defense couldn't just call pressure up the middle or push the pocket inwards without even thinking about it.
(02-15-2022, 04:29 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Yeah, if I had balls as big as his, I'd be slow, too.
That's why I can't walk ThumbsUp
(02-15-2022, 04:35 PM)higgy100 Wrote: One of the safest plays in football is to roll out the QB to buy some time and throw even a quick 5-6 yard out especially to one the Bengals WR's where every CB has to play them honestly. Shocking we never saw that.
That's what I'm saying!

It also causes problems because it makes it more difficult for the defenders to cover because it's tougher to keep an eye on the QB out of the corner fo the defenders' eyes while they also have an eye on the receiver!
(02-15-2022, 04:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’m wondering if Joe Burrow was limited bc of the knee injury.  Who knows.  The last play of the game is similar to the play burrow got out of chris Jones.  Better player + more limited QB.

I doubt it because he seemed to scramble and move ok.

Besides, leaving him in the pocket left him more in danger.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Didn't We See More Rollouts?! - BFritz21 - 02-15-2022, 05:01 PM