Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Didn't We See More Rollouts?!
(02-15-2022, 04:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why didn't we see more rollouts, especially in the Super Bowl? It was obvious that the pocket was collapsing around Burrow all game so why didn't we roll Burrow out and away from Donald?

I realize that they have Floyd and Miller on the outside, but I'd rather take my chances against them in the open field than against Donald and the other d-linemen in the pocket.

Burrow also would have had a better chance to throw the ball away while rolling out.

Rolling him out also would have helped the run game and vice-versa because the defense would be looking towards the middle.

I realize Burrow had his knee injury last season but was moving ok and rolling him out would have prevented injuring it more.

Anyone know why it wasn't in the game plan to roll him out more and why we didn't see any in-game adjustments to do it?

We know part of answer, Burrow does not prefer rolling out, also prefers empty... on ZT side we don;t know what was discussed between Burrow and ZT.

Also we had little issue in 1st half with that intense pressure, and even the start of 2nd half, it was not till later in 3rd quarter that we really saw a ton. For example in our possession around 5 minute mark we did get sacked , but 3rd and 13 , we had a nice clean pocket that Joe was actually able to step up but throw incompleted.

So heading into 4th quarter the Rams still had not had intense pressure against the line in the pocket. so 1st series in 4th quarter on 3rd down Burrow gets sacks and hurt his knee. So now with 11:30 minutes left in 4th quarter we will still holding but starting to get more pressure, the problem is Burrow is now hurt so if you are Taylor very doubtful you are rolling out rest of game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Didn't We See More Rollouts?! - Essex Johnson - 02-15-2022, 05:31 PM