Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If I were in charge of the Bengals today
(02-15-2022, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: He also got something out of Sample (a 4th round pick) 

Mmm, 4th rounder, eh?

Quote:and Tupou came back strong from a year off. Ossai looked looked to have developed for a player new to the position. I feel like he got a career year out of Hubbard.

Ossai wasn’t new to playing edge. He was injured in the 2nd preseason game. To say he developed from the first preseason game to the second preseason game over a handful of snaps is like my love making, premature.

Oline:
Williams, former 1st round pick during Turner’s tenure
Spain, UDFA, mid-season pick up during Turner’s tenure after being released
Hopkins, UDFA during Alexander’s tenure, only OL coached by Pollack during previous Bengals’ tenure
Su’a-Filo, 31 y/o former 2nd round pick journeyman who never lived up to expectations signed during Turner’s tenure
Reiff, 33 y/o 10 year vet former 1st round pick most likely on his last stop before retirement signed during Pollack’s second tenure as a one year stop gap
Prince, former 6th round pick claimed off waivers during Turner’s tenure after being released, Covid opt out last season
Johnson, UDFA claimed off waivers during Turner’s tenure after being released
Adeniji, developmental 6th round OT during Turner’s tenure playing out of position at RG
Carman, Smith, Hill; 2nd, 4th, 6th round rookies drafted during Pollack’s tenure

Most of that reads like the cast of The Replacements. Not the roster of a NFL Super Bowl contender.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I were in charge of the Bengals today - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-15-2022, 05:43 PM