Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If I were in charge of the Bengals today
(02-15-2022, 05:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: That's cool but none developing? Nothing, not even a hint that we found a starter for next year? Hell not even a potential backup... 

We can't rely on any of them for future planning. I think coaching plays a part in that. You don't have to select a guard/center in the first 3 rounds. KC's RG that started was a 6 round pick. Their Oline Coach got him right together. I don't agree with this notion being thrown around that there shouldn't have been expectations that at least 1 interior Oline pick developed (into at least backup quality) because they were late round picks.

The only one Pollack has coached for more than 10 months is Hopkins, a 29 y/o UDFA coming off ACL repair. During ***** Covid restrictions. And an UDFA at LG, RT, and a 6th round developmental OT playing RG in the Super Bowl. And the HC is calling 5 wide sets on 1st down without even the hint of a run without a TE or RB to chip and outside rushers running unabated to the QB in less than 2 seconds.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I were in charge of the Bengals today - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-15-2022, 05:55 PM