Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Didn't We See More Rollouts?!
(02-15-2022, 05:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: Their wide front (Collinsworth called it an overload but that's debatable) was ran to the QB dominant side (right). You can't roll to that side because the widest man was in a Wide 9 alignment giving him a free release on a rollout/sprint-out to the right. We did go to some boot action early that was semi successful but once they swapped into the bear front late that is hard to do because of run fits the guys don't need to crash the edge to bite on the bootleg.
Love the Xs and Os but I'd even risk him beating a strong side rusher or have Mixon lead blocking if you're not running the play action to hold the defense.

I'd even like rolling him out to the left and having him throw across his body than allowing him to sit in the pocket and get murdered.
(02-15-2022, 05:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He probably gets a lifetime contract.

That said, you need elite coaches to win SBs. Burrow could attract one. But, Zac will be the coach possibly all of Joe's career.

We were so close to winning one with Zac and you have to figure (hope) that he won't be as bull-headed as Marvin or other stubborn coaches and actually evolves and learns from past mistakes.

I think we could win one with our weapons, a decent defense, and EVEN AN AVERAGE OFFENSIVE LINE!

Hell, it doesn't even need to be average as long as it's better than that clown show we had in the Super Bowl!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Didn't We See More Rollouts?! - BFritz21 - 02-15-2022, 06:08 PM