Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glass Half Full or Half Empty?
(02-16-2022, 12:15 AM)Nepa Wrote: Been a fan since beginning of franchise, so this was my third Super Bowl. Optimistic about future, but very down about the loss on Sunday. Heck, it was only two days ago. I was a long, long time recovering from the 1988 season/1989 Super Bowl and I took this one even harder for two reasons.

One was that I way over-invested in the team this year, like never before. Not just every minute of every game, but recording and watching again. The opportunity was not there in the 1988 season. I think I got a little over obsessed and my schedule revolved around the games, finding ways to get out of other family commitments. 

Second, was that I thought this was finally the year. From the KC win in week 17, I thought the Bengals very likely would win it all. Right up until the 4th down almost sack/incompletion. I tried to temper my expectations, but this was a team that was healthy and hot and clutch. I wanted to experience one win in a Super Bowl before I'm on the other side of the ground.

i'm optimistic, but with one big caveat. This is not a franchise of a super rich tycoon like owns the Rams or the Cowboys, who made their money elsewhere. This is a franchise where the bottom line is everything to the owners. It is their business. So, will they actually spend the money or will they be crunching the dollars? I can't find any figures, but its even possible that they have lost money Super Bowl week with all the expenses for the team. The Rams owner is filthy rich and the Rams are his plaything. Not so with the Bengals owners. So, that is what I will be watching, whether the front office is willing to do what it takes. They owe it to the fans and I think they might invest in the offseason. But it might be like it was before these past two off seasons. We will see. If they go all out to win then I will feel a hell of a lot more optimistic.

LOL. The Brown's made money hand over fist this season. Probably more money this season than in any other season before.

With that said, this does sound just wee bit obsessive. I get like that about things too, so I get it. 

Maybe have someone change your board passwords for you and step away from the disappointment for a while. It definitely can't hurt.Nervous
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - FastEddie - 02-15-2022, 12:48 PM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - pally - 02-15-2022, 01:59 PM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - Stewy - 02-15-2022, 03:15 PM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - Nepa - 02-16-2022, 12:15 AM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - BengalB - 02-16-2022, 01:45 AM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - Nepa - 02-16-2022, 09:31 AM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - tms - 02-16-2022, 04:09 AM
RE: Glass Half Full or Half Empty? - wanga - 02-16-2022, 06:54 AM