Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ???
(02-16-2022, 11:59 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm there with you.  XVI and XXIII were much tougher pills to swallow, and I was crushed after both.  This one doesn't hurt as much.  I was upset Sunday night, but that has faded.  Optimism about the team might have a little to do with it, but I suspect age is a much bigger factor.  60 is dawning on my horizon, and the things that once seemed so important are less so.  I decided before the season to sell my seat licenses, so maybe that has something to do with it, just disconnecting a bit from the team.  I don't know.  But bottom line, I get where you're coming from.  

I was a little too young to recall the first one, but the second one hurt because of the way we dominated all year long. I just knew we had that one. This year was vastly different. We had to go on the road throughout the playoffs, minus the wild card. We weren't even supposed to have a winning season. These guys just kept finding ways to gut out wins. I think I was just so damn proud of them for even making it, that the loss just didn't linger as much as it did in the past. Also, we gave them all they wanted. I would have taken it harder if we had gotten blown out after so many comebacks to make it to the dance. They showed up, despite the shortcomings of the team vs a juggernaut. To your point, being older probably has some to do with it too. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - kevin - 02-16-2022, 10:18 AM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - kevin - 02-16-2022, 10:45 AM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - Nepa - 02-17-2022, 01:32 PM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - kevin - 02-16-2022, 10:38 AM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-16-2022, 12:50 PM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - jj22 - 02-16-2022, 11:41 AM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - Nepa - 02-17-2022, 02:34 PM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - Tony - 02-17-2022, 01:51 PM