Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jammar Chase was wide open for a TD on the last play
(02-16-2022, 05:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Brady won by making average WRs look like All-Pro.

Brady also won 7 SBs by constantly having an elite defense...

2001: 6th scoring defense
2003: 1st scoring defense
2004: 2nd scoring defense 
2014: 8th scoring defense
2016: 1st scoring defense
2018: 7th scoring defense

2020: 8th scoring defense

Not discounting Brady, but to pretend you just throw a bunch of scrubs on a team with Brady and he wins isn't genuine.

(02-16-2022, 05:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: No insult to Burrow, however Chase elevated Burrow more than Burrow elevated Chase. He also benefitted a lot from single high safeties rolling to Chase which makes reading the rest of the field much easier. Again, Burrow is great and all but Chase completely changed how teams approach us.

I kind of lean towards this a little bit, too. If only because I remember how awful Burrow was throwing the deep ball without Chase two years ago, and how many times Chase was under or over thrown for wide open guaranteed TDs on top of the ones he did get or make adjustments to get.

Burrow is still really good and I have no problem envisioning him leading the Bengals for two decades of success (if kept off the freaking ground), but the offense this year lived and died with Chase making big plays involved him absolutely scorching DBs to be wide open, shaking off DB tackles, or absolutely bullying DBs with blocks.

(02-16-2022, 05:41 PM)Tony Wrote: AJ Green isn't even half as good as Ja'maar... Everyone forgets he's a 21 year old rookie...

I don't think I would go anywhere near as far as "isn't half as good as".. but it is a good point that Chase is 2 years younger than AJ Green was his rookie year. We still haven't seen peak Chase yet.

That was the crazy thing about the top 3 guys in the draft. Pitts, Chase, Sewell... all basically guaranteed hits and all just in their age 21 season as rookies, so nowhere near a finished player despite all being very very very good already.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jammar Chase was wide open for a TD on the last play - TheLeonardLeap - 02-16-2022, 06:02 PM