Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Whats the minimum you will be satisfied with in FA
Bengals have a lot of money under the cap but have the second number of fewest players signed and a number of starters who need to be signed or replaced so I cannot see them spending $17 mil on one player like Armstead when they have multiple holes on o-line. I am on the fence with Hopkins. As your fifth best o-lineman I think he is okay and reasonably priced. I think it is a toss up between him or Spain as to who we could keep as the fifth best. I wonder about resigning Reif - I think we have to count $2.75 mil against next years cap as part of his bonus. If we draft a Rainham or Penner, it allows them grow before having to start. Lesson should be learned with Carmen --no rookies get a starting spot before camp starts --make them earn it.

Add Daniels (my fav choice) as RG and one of Norwell, Connor Williams or Corbett plus Reif and draft a RT in the first round. I wonder if Spain would be interested in coming back for < 3 mil as a back up?

Line would be
LT - Williams, Smith
LG - Corbett, Carmen
C - Hopkins, Daniels
RG - Daniels, Carmen
RT - Reif - first round pick

You would need to add a few back-ups --maybe 1 out Hill Adenji, Prince but absolutely need five capable starters and at least one useful swing tackle ( hard to believe Morgan Moses was available late in FA) and one back-up interior player that can play guard to allow Daniels to slide over (Spain?)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whats the minimum you will be satisfied with in FA - CanadianBengal - 02-16-2022, 08:01 PM