Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ???
(02-17-2022, 01:54 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think we should read Gramps post closely. Yeah, I wish we won that bowl, 1 ring matters so much towards the emotional investment every year (it doesn't hurt as bad when we exit the playoffs lol), but this team is fun to watch and gives us hope that we'll be back there and win it someday. Hope is almost everything in life.

I don't disagree with anything you have stated here. But I would like to add: Yes, hope is important, but for a sports fan, the joy of victory is an unmatched delight.

I still, after all these years, gain enjoyment from the Big Red Machine's World Series victories. I try to put out of my head the two World Series losses, although I remember where I was and the emotions that I felt. (For one, my mother had come to homecoming at college and she was wonderful to recognize that I didn't want to be at the football game, and came back with me to the dorm to watch the World Series game that day.) But the two World Series victories, I can relive those over and over. I can watch documentaries on them, listen to interviews, etc. 

For the three Super Bowl losses, those are just painful memories. Billups dropped interception and Montana's pass are indelibly etched in my brain cells. A victory last Sunday would have gone a long way to diluting the bad memories with the good. It would have made each victory during the season a lifelong joyful memory. 

Yes, we will start over next season with hope. But, as you said, "1 ring matters so much towards the emotional investment every year." 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - kevin - 02-16-2022, 10:18 AM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - kevin - 02-16-2022, 10:45 AM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - Nepa - 02-17-2022, 01:32 PM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - kevin - 02-16-2022, 10:38 AM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - jj22 - 02-16-2022, 11:41 AM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - Nepa - 02-17-2022, 02:34 PM
RE: Why Didn't I Feel That Bad ??? - Tony - 02-17-2022, 01:51 PM