Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Remington settles with Sandy Hook Parents: 73 Million
(02-17-2022, 12:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I can't see it being a victory at all.  The CT judge clearly ignored federal law in allowing this lawsuit to go forward.  I can't see an endgame for this plea deal for Remington, it should have been appealed to death.  It's funny, no one crying about judicial activism here, when this is one of the most blatant examples of I've ever seen.  The argument that "consider your man-card reissued" is so inflammatory that any reasonable person would know it would incite a mass shooting, or any shooting, is one of the dumbest legal arguments outside the Twinkie defense and affluenza.

Didn't SCOTUS refuse to hear the appeal, essentially endorsing this particular avenue of attack?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remington settles with Sandy Hook Parents: 73 Million - Belsnickel - 02-17-2022, 06:16 PM