Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Are we being realistic with Free Agency expectations?
(02-17-2022, 04:23 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: His last contract averaged over $6 mil a year. Salary cap is going up as well and he just had his best year yet. $8 mil avg wouldn’t shock me. That’s just where contracts are headed. I’d have a hard time giving him more than $7 mil a year and that’s because of his leadership. Hopefully he isn’t worried about breaking the bank and comes in at a reasonable price.

As for the Gronk idea others are throwing out, I love the idea but he should be LAST priority if we are able to fix the o line and bring our guys back and still have enough left over to make a run at him. He’s a luxury, not a necessity.

I can’t see us putting that much money into the TE position for an average TE. That’s kinda why i don’t see Gronk either. Him and CJ would be close to 17-20 mil just between them and i see no world which their production would match their pay. I’d rather get a solid TE in the draft like that kid from Ohio State. We don’t really need a super pass catcher, just a guy with good 3rd down hands that can block
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we being realistic with Free Agency expectations? - Housh - 02-17-2022, 08:14 PM