Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Remington settles with Sandy Hook Parents: 73 Million
Ok, first off, folks, it's "ad," with one "d."

Second off, I don't disagree with SSF on this, but this is the same thing that canceled the Marlboro Man and Joe Cool so it shouldn't be surprising. Joe Cool wasn't putting cigarettes in the mouths of teens, but that was the way society viewed it. What frustrates me the most about this situation, though, is we already only really see these ads in places where the firearm community is, already. Someone's not picking up an issue of Guns & Ammo and going "well NOW I want a gun!" They picked it up because they already had in interest in the pastime. Blaming these ads is like blaming Fleshlight for a dude buying one after walking into the sex shop. He was already in there and interested in the thing. The stuff on the shelves just helped him choose between Asa Akira and Lana Rhoades.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remington settles with Sandy Hook Parents: 73 Million - Belsnickel - 02-17-2022, 08:46 PM