Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can Burrow do differently?
(02-17-2022, 08:43 PM)Housh Wrote: This video tells me a lot.

https://youtu.be/Ay250KHyPYA

It’s a video of every time Burrow was sacked in the playoffs.

And i have to say we have a bigger Burrow problem than we think. The first 3 sacks of the video were Burrows fault. I haven’t finished the video yet but out of the 1st 4 sacks 3 of the 4 there was a running back WIDE OPEN.

Burrow needs to throw the checkdown. 70 sacks means your line is poor but i think Burrow could’ve shaved off maybe even 60% of the sacks by just throwing to the checkdown. That number sounds high i know but look at this video. Burrow needs to take way more credit for these sacks than the media is giving him. A LARGE percentage of the sacks were his fault. No o line can block for a guy that holds it too long. We could have 5 Witworths on the line and if Joe is gonna ignore the running back they’d give up sacks
Personally,  I always hate looking at these types of topics with blinders on.  Yeah, he missed open receivers all night long. And if you just look at it this way, it does look bad. But, once you also factor in the fact that on nearly every single drop back, he literally didn't have time to look past his 1st or 2nd reads. 

As someone has already said here, he had to basically guess pre snap which receiver was going to be open almost immediately after the ball was snapped.  If you only have enough time to look at 1 option before you're laying on your back, it doesn't matter if all of your other options were wide open.

With that said,  I've felt all year that one of his biggest weaknesses was his unwillingness to just take a L sometimes and just throw the ball away.  Tbh I've always thought that it was extremely telling that the QB who had the highest completion percentage also was one of the highest sacked QB'd in the league also!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What can Burrow do differently? - Big Boss - 02-17-2022, 03:39 PM
RE: What can Burrow do differently? - M.W. - 02-19-2022, 06:37 PM
RE: What can Burrow do differently? - jace4655 - 02-18-2022, 01:59 AM
What can Burrow do differently? - ah5 - 02-18-2022, 11:28 PM