Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Are we being realistic with Free Agency expectations?
(02-18-2022, 09:58 AM)Synric Wrote: Morgan Moses and James Daniels should be at the top of people's list they are proven players in a blocking scheme similar to the Bengals. (Moses actually surprised me in that area this season.)

Two more names are Brian Allen and Laken Tomlinson.

Brian Allen was one of the best run blockers in the NFL regardless of position. He was also one of the top centers. His pass protection was average but his run blocking makes it worth and this was only his second year as a starter.

Laken Tomlinson is a veteran that isnt elite at anything but is above average at everything. He is the perfect guy to continue to help Jonah Williams and possibly Brian Allen develop.

The list of zone blocking Tackles this year is slim. Very expensive Terron Armstead but fits at LT only. Trent Brown did a stint of zone blocking in Oakland but his best years have been gap in New England. Riley Reiff continues to be one of the better options for the Bengals and that's more meh than better.

Right Tackle is likely a spot thr Bengals want to target in the first round but I dont believe a zone blocking Right Tackle will be there at 31 without reaching a little. If Trevor Penning is gone the next 3 would be Nicholas Petit-Frere, small school Bernhard Raimann, and Rasheed Walker.

Agree the tackle market is slim at RT and replacing Williams with Armstead who’s 6 years older and more expensive doesn’t make sense. I don’t think the Bengals will pay top dollar for Scherff so that next waive of guards that you mentioned is where I’d look. Daniels, Allen, Tomlinson I also saw that Alex Cappa from Tampa is a restricted free agent he’s only 27 and has played well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we being realistic with Free Agency expectations? - lone bengal - 02-18-2022, 10:22 AM