Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Are we being realistic with Free Agency expectations?
(02-18-2022, 10:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Chiefs did not have al the other holes in their roster that we do.

Starting safety...Bates
Starting CB.......Apple/Waynes
Starting TE.......Uzomah
Starting DT.......Ogunjobi
Rotation DTs that played about 50% of snaps each.......Hill, Tupuo.

Agree to some extent the part people miss to is the Chiefs also drafted well. Creed Humphrey was one of the best centers in the league as a rookie and Trey Smith also played good as a rookie. I think realistically we can sign two good free agent lineman. The Chiefs paid Thuney crazy money and traded major draft assets for Brown who there gonna have to pay big money along with already paying Maholmes top dollar along with ,Hill , Kelece and Chris Jones big money with tyrann mathieu a free agent. Copying that would be like the Bengals paying Scherff top guard money then trading majors draft assets for a tackle which I don’t think anyone is asking for. They can sign two decent lineman and be ok with Burrow on a rookie deal. Ogunjobi or Hill won’t break the bank keep one and Tupou is a cheap backup plus you just drafted Shelvin. The TE free class is deep Usomah and Apple won’t cost much. Bates gonna what a lot of money but I think it’s doable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we being realistic with Free Agency expectations? - lone bengal - 02-18-2022, 10:59 AM