Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Are we being realistic with Free Agency expectations?
(02-18-2022, 10:49 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: 2) Trey Hopkins-5.6 savings. need to re-allocate and upgrade the interior line play.
-16 million added to salary cap.

RE-SIGNS:

1) B.Allen-QB

7) K.Huber-P

10) Riley Reiff-RT/LT

These are the only ones I really disagree with, to an extent.  Hopkins, I would only let go if we have the replacement center already ready to go. I don't see anyone on the roster better than Hop at C, so as soon as you sign the replacement FA center, sure, let Hop go if we need to save the money, otherwise, I'd keep him as a backup.

B. Allen and Huber I don't really want back. I'd keep Huber only if there's no punter available, and let's face it, there's ALWAYS punters available. And we definitely need a better backup QB. I say, at the very least, give the dude on the practice squad every chance to unseat Allen as backup QB.

Reiff, I'm not sure I want back. Not because he's a bad RT, but because of the injury issue. If there's someone that's better, sign them before Reiff. If there's someone comparable but has shown more durability, sign them before Reiff. If no one's better/more durable, then re-sign Reiff
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we being realistic with Free Agency expectations? - PhilHos - 02-18-2022, 11:31 AM