Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel about paying for a new stadium NOW?
(02-18-2022, 11:10 AM)pally Wrote: The Titans are looking at replacing Nissan Stadium after a review showed serious structural deficiencies that exploded the renovation cost to more than double the anticipated $600 million budget.  Now this could all be a ploy by the Titans to get them a new stadium but who really knows.  
I don’t see Hamilton County springing for a new one anytime soon, not as long as there is still life in PBS.  But PBS is the same age as Nissan so perhaps could have some of the same issues.  There was no expiration date on the tax levy paying for the stadium so that could go towards renovating or replacing PBS.  They won’t get any help from the tourism tax anytime soon.  Their major expenditures will be the new convention hotel and upgrading of the convention center. And serious consideration must be given to replacing the totally inadequate Heritage Bank Center before PBS is dealt with.

This caught my eye so I had to respond.  I admit I had to google 'Heritage Bank Center' to know you were referencing Riverfront Coliseum.  Seems like they change the name of that place every year.  Regardless, is there any discussion of actually replacing that building?   Last time I was there was for a Billy Joel concert in the early '90s.  I believe the Cyclones still play there, correct?  I always liked that building, it has an open feeling without having those stacked levels most arenas have.  It's certainly had a long life and they've gotten their money's worth out of that building.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you feel about paying for a new stadium NOW? - Awful Llama - 02-18-2022, 12:10 PM