Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Burrow is causing so many of these sacks...
(02-18-2022, 08:12 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I'm sympathetic to the premise of the thread. However, if you look at those cited statisitcs, this past year is the only one where well over 10 % of the pass plays resulted in sacks. The other seasons weren't really close to 10%. Come to think of it, I assume sacks would have to be counted separately, since a sack cannot result in a pass attempt. Oh heck, you get my point.

I don't necessarily have a major issue with a QB taking the occasional sack. But he has to be a bit more judicious when they're in McPherson's long field goal range.

I answered these questions within the OP, really. In the past we had a QB who masked the issue somewhat with quick predetermined throws. He was getting sacked at a high rate, as was rookie Burrow.

It got even worse this year, but I'd say that's due to Burrow's aggressive nature and having the weapons to push the ball downfield.

Imo, the problem isn't Burrow's aggressiveness, it's that the line is getting fully exposed for how awful it is when we're not scheming to protect it.

Burrow shouldn't have to constantly look for dump offs and hot reads.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Burrow is causing so many of these sacks... - Shake n Blake - 02-18-2022, 08:19 PM