Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Luck In Poker Is HORRIBLE Lately......
Happened again today.

I was presenting all morning at a high school up in Cincinnati and then came home and took a nap because I had to be up at 6 to get ready to get all the way up there for the first class.

I wake up, pick up my phone, and get in on a cash game in this poker group.

I'm playing pretty well and I'm up a little over $300, which I wanted to get out but I had only played 60 hands or so and they get mad if you "hit and run" by just winning a few big pots and then leaving.

I get dealt pocket 3s on the button and everyone else around the table calls, so I just call thinking that I don't want to inflate the pot before we see the flop because so many players were in that (1) I didn't want to get raised off of it, (2) there was a lot of money at the table so these guys weren't folding to small raises, and (3) they were all pretty loose players anyways, so I figured no one would fold.

The flop comes 3h, Ac, 6c, so I'm thinking "perfect," because someone would have raised with pocket aces or pocket 6s.

Dude bets 8, so I make a smooth call, and then the turn comes another 6, giving me a full boat, which he checks and so do I because I'm going to trap him on the river.

He bets 10 and then I raise to 38 and then he raises to 110, which I can't fold a boat at this point with the pot odds, so I call and he turns over ace 6 for a bigger boat............

WTF

Lost over $140 there but battled back and still left up $213.

Oh well. Not a bad day but could have been bigger. Not a whole lot I can do with that hand.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Luck In Poker Is HORRIBLE Lately...... - BFritz21 - 02-19-2022, 02:14 AM