Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate the thought of planning around drafting a OL in the 1st.
I agree, we are already drafting very low. I’m not opposed to drafting OL in one but it needs to be BPA after we fix the o line in FA. Bring in a starting OT and a C or G in FA. Then we can go into the draft and take BPA.

I’m not one who thinks we NEED 4 new starters this offseason. Williams and Spain make up 2/5ths of a decent o line. Fix two other spots and we can let our massive group of G’s including Carman fight it out or if we sign a G we can stick with Hopkins. Then if a good OL like the Iowa kid falls to us we can grab them but we don’t have to reach or panic if they don’t. Same with a good tackle. If one falls and can start right away we can kick Williams inside or shuffle someone else around.

Unfortunately the draft comes after FA so we need to fix this in FA and let the draft be bonus. If we have a clear OL need still on draft day someone will jump us for a worthwhile prospect if he starts to fall towards our pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I hate the thought of planning around drafting a OL in the 1st. - leonardfan40 - 02-19-2022, 05:28 PM