Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate the thought of planning around drafting a OL in the 1st.
(02-19-2022, 04:56 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: If we can get a RG and RT in free agency then I think the draft will be wide open. My concern is RT might be harder to come by in free agency and if we resign Reiff than we depth still needs addressed. If it were me I'd probably try and resign Reiff and Spain for 1yr deals maybe 2yrs for Spain but that last play shows we need better. Then I'd try and sign one of the top RG on the market and if we can then get Moses on a 3 yr deal that is reasonable. I think this would make the draft wide open for best player available. So if Linderbaum is there or Zion Johnson I think you take them then I think were set.

Not sure how realistic this is but I know Moses was on a 1yr cheap deal and with him and Reiff we have solid depth. Wish Carman would've gotten more playing time so we had a better idea what we had in him but as of now he can't be counted on and if he happens to develop than all the better.

Yeah depending on the asking price of the older tackles, the value may be at guard as many have mentioned.  I could see them re-signing Rieff for a year to start at RT while Smith and Carmen push him.  I'd only be okay with that with two upgrades to the interior OL.  Spain OR Hopkins are fine but not both.  Then RT comes back into play early in the draft. But again we shouldn't have to plan to have to take a starter in the 1st. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I hate the thought of planning around drafting a OL in the 1st. - phil413 - 02-19-2022, 06:04 PM