Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Rogan apologises for using N-word and racist Planet of the Apes story
(02-16-2022, 05:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're an older dude, who am I to stand in the way of your happiness?  Bottom line, having a discussion with you is like writing a term paper.  You produce a thesis, half of which is irrelevant, but you're forced to wade through the detritus to see if there's anything resembling an on topic point.  Then you claim arguments where made that weren't.  Then you formulate opposing points to this made up argument.  You're as tiresome as you are ponderous.  As I've said before, I get paid to deal with obnoxious people all day, forgive me for not wanting to do it for free with you on the internets.

Sorry I am late getting back to this. There are still a few constructive comments to be made.

1. If the bolded were true, it would be very easy to demonstrate. E.g., cite the post and quote the exact claim regarding an argument that wasn't made. If that claim really exists, It should be easy. I must ask again why can't you do this?

I find it easy to specify where you have misrepresented my arguments, by quoting my original and then your paraphrase

E.g. your "Antivaxers=  the Taliban" thread, starts off on the misrepresentation that I regard it a "duty" to compare political opponents to "scum." It was pretty easy to show, first, that I actually argue the opposite (one reason why I don't engage in verbal abuse), and second, that you frequently engage in the very behavior you are supposedly "calling out"--i.e., you compare your opponents to scum. You even accused me of supporting ISIS and MS-13 for REFUSING to call even them "animals." http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Unvaxinated-the-Taliban?highlight=vaxx  (#s 8,9,14,19.)

It is because I take care to insure that I represent your arguments correctly and then contrast them with mine that my posts become "ponderous." I prefer demonstration to "just saying." My posts #s 85 and 88 on your Antivaxer thread illustrate well how this is done.  I can multiply examples from other threads. This is not the first thread in which my calls to "show your work," support it with specific examples, are flat out ignored and the "just saying" continues.

2. So it looks like what is "tiresome" and "boring" is the kind of accountability my "term papers" place on your arguments where they either lack support or distort political issues or other people's arguments. That's what you find "obnoxious."   You can't get away with "just saying." You can't in good faith "call out" people for doing what you actually do. 
If you recognized that I have addressed your argument--Racists can't be racists unknowingly--then you'd have to tackle the counter argument. Too much work. Ad hominem is the easy road as well as the low road.

3. I'm rather a bit more creative than you give me credit for. My posts tend towards term papers when they need to adduce evidence. But I also use parody and story telling to make points. My duck analogy above works pretty well too.

4. Right now I am formulating a response to your #41 on the "no knock" thread--not because I disagree or want to correct it, but because I think it is actually a very good post precisely because your argument rests on careful description and accurate summary.  Your examples do most of your work for you, SHOWING rather than JUST SAYING. If you can do this on #41, why can't that be your standard going forward? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Rogan apologises for using N-word and racist Planet of the Apes story - Dill - 02-19-2022, 11:43 PM