Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Scherff - Yes please
I just spent a few minutes looking through the pending free agents.

The top 3 overall PFF rankings for available offensive lineman:

(1) Trent Brown (RT) 77.6 (Pats) (1 penalty and 1 sack allowed all season)
(2) Laken Tomlinson (G) 75.9 (9ers) (5 penalties, 1 sack allowed)
(4) Alex Cappa (G) 74.2 (Tampa Bay) (1 penalty, 5 sacks allowed)
(5) Scherff (G) 73.6 (Wash) (5 penalties, 0 sacks allowed)

The top (3) are from playoff caliber teams.

I'd put Trent Brown high on my list to shore up a RT spot we haven't had an answer for for a long time. Sounds like the only question mark with Brown is staying healthy. "The 6-foot-8, 380-pound offensive lineman earned career highs in pass-blocking grade (81.2) and overall grade (77.6) on 489 snaps last season".

Scherff didn't allow any sacks, but can we afford him? Why not Laken Tomlinson (for half the price), with only allowing 1 sack this season--and being a part of one of the best rush offenses in the NFL? "Tomlinson picked up where he left off in 2020 with a second consecutive overall grade above 75.0, and he also recorded a much-improved, career-best 75.2 pass-blocking grade."

I get that PFF isn't the be all end all. But these guys seem like good options. It'd be nice to get a RT and a guard. We tried to get a RT last year and it was a decent pick up I guess. I'd like to solidify that position as it has plagued us for so long. Nobody seems capable of taking control of that position. So bring in Trent Brown. Then you pick up a proven guard as well. From there we can let the young draft picks fight it out and invest more picks in the draft to boot.

**Edit: I missed Terron Armstead in the rankings. He ties with Tomlinson with a 75.9 overall rating. But he also commands 20 mil per year. Would you take Trent Brown for half that price? He has had a few injuries in the past.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon Scherff - Yes please - Luvnit2 - 02-20-2022, 12:12 PM
RE: Brandon Scherff - Yes please - bfine32 - 02-24-2022, 06:52 PM
RE: Brandon Scherff - Yes please - phil413 - 02-19-2022, 11:57 AM
RE: Brandon Scherff - Yes please - Bengalstripes9 - 02-20-2022, 12:27 AM