Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Are we being realistic with Free Agency expectations?
(02-20-2022, 11:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Ok Zeitler was horrible and the worst pick ever and DeCastro was king even though he is still productive and David can no longer play. You are correct in saying he may not have been better but it still was not a horrible selection. 

The Bengals went 10-6 and the steelers went 8-8 with both players starting right away. 

Yet agree that OL should be purchased at this point as well, but last years crop that was purchased was pretty darn average to give them more credit than they deserve.  

Just think whatever has been going on lately in OL draft evaluation is not working that well for Bengals and wish they would try another approach. 

By the way who was this advisor they hired, I can not recall. 

My very first reply to you I said Zeitler was a solid starting guard.

If you're convinced that neither would be on the Bengals after 5 years, what does it matter what they are doing now for other teams? We don't draft players caring what they'll do for other teams later in their careers, just what they do in a Bengals uniform.

Yes, Zeitler and DeCastro were single-handedly responsible for their teams records their rookie years. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Bengals getting AJ Green, Andy Dalton, Clint Boling, Jermaine Gresham, Carlos Dunlap, and Geno Atkins in the previous two drafts. By that absurd logic the Bengals went 2-7-1 with Burrow his rookie year, the Dolphins went 6-3 with Tua his rookie year. Nobody is ever or was ever taking Tua over Burrow.

I have no idea who the advisor is, and yeah, the answer is to not listen to Mike Brown or the shitty former OL coach. The guy is an OL consultant for the German Football League now. Seriously. The last 3 guys we know that Mike Brown wanted were... Jackson Carman, John Ross, and he wanted Ryan Mallett over Andy Dalton (at least Jay Gruden had the balls to stop him).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we being realistic with Free Agency expectations? - TheLeonardLeap - 02-21-2022, 12:18 AM