Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season Thoughts and Offseason Plan
(02-21-2022, 01:55 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What team is McBride from so I get a better thought?

TE's are weird, Gronk and Kelce would be like 1st round number 1 overall picks if you re-did those Drafts.

Hard to tell what will become of college TE's. I thought Hockenson would be the next great, so far, not so much.

Our FO just better go all out on OL with a furious frenzy to free up the Draft so we can get whatever we want.

Colorado State, he won the Mackey Award.  You never know with draft picks but teams are all over this guy. Most likely an early 2nd rounder.  Here is one draft analyst's take:

"It’s easy to see why scouts are excited about McBride, he has the requisite size, speed, and hands to become an exceptional pass catcher. His athleticism and ability to make difficult and contested catches is supremely evident on film.

But he’s not a glorified wide receiver like some tight ends in the NFL. He can and will make effective blocks in the running game, isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty, and doesn’t limit his blocking to trying to blow up smaller players. He’s a willing blocker and will eagerly try to kick out defensive ends and linebackers on running plays.

After the catch Trey McBride is a bruising runner. He led the country in yards after the catch this year for tight ends with 456. He loves contact and will lower his shoulder to gain extra yards. When he gets a head of steam at a muscular 260 pounds, he’s a nightmare for defenders to bring down.

The comp I keep seeing for Trey McBride is Mark Andrews, the former Oklahoma tight end and current Baltimore Raven, and I think it’s an apt one. The floor for Trey McBride in the 2022 NFL Draft is likely the beginning of the third round, with some draftniks projecting him to be selected on day one of the 2022 NFL Draft. He is the first unanimous All-American in the history of the Colorado State football program.

Because of his athleticism, blocking ability, pass catching prowess, physical nature, leadership qualities, and football intelligence, there’s a good chance that Colorado State’s Trey McBride will be the first tight end selected in the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft. And whichever team selects him will likely be satisfied with their decision."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Season Thoughts and Offseason Plan - casear2727 - 02-21-2022, 02:11 AM