Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Father arrested after ordering son, 4, to shoot at officers in McDonald's drive-thru
(02-22-2022, 05:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There are two different arguments being made here; either the father instructed the four year old to shoot at officers, which makes it the father's fault, or the four year old got ahold of the father's gun and discharged it, which makes it the father's fault.  In neither scenario is the gun the problem.  This is why gun owners, a rapidly expanding demographic btw, are deaf to appeals for more gun control.

The modern left has abdicated the idea of personal responsibility.  You committed a crime, it's because you're disadvantaged.  You failed a test because you were out protesting instead of being at school, fire the teacher who gave you the F.  You shoplifted thousands of dollars in food, including king crab legs, it's because you're trying to feed your children.  Took out a loan for college and now don't want to pay it back because it's too expensive, we should forgive the loan.

Freedom, any freedom, requires personal responsibility.  Any freedom can be abused, and those who prove irresponsible in their use should face the possibility of losing that freedom.  But removing my freedoms because some other asshat can't handle theirs is a garbage nanny state way of thinking about things.  OP is right in one way, there is a gun problem in this story, it's the person who owns one who should now lose the right to own one any longer.  But this idiot has no bearing on me or my rights.  At least it shouldn't in a free society were adults are expected to conduct themselves like, wait for it... adults.

wait are you saying people should be responsible for their Actions....

What a noble concept.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Father arrested after ordering son, 4, to shoot at officers in McDonald's drive-thru - XenoMorph - 02-22-2022, 05:29 PM