Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
PFF Final 2021 Offensive Line Rankings (Regular Season)
(02-22-2022, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see how we could be rated as high as 20th when we were very close to the worst in the league in both sacks allowed and failure to onvert short yardage situations.

Not only did they fail at pass protection, but they also failed at power run blocking.

At times PFF is completely useless.  With other positions we often have other stats that show how silly PFFs individual rating can be, but with O-linemen lots of people post PFF ratings like they were the gospel truth.

Another weird anomaly is how we were ranked 22 last year. I would have expected us to be ranked closer to 30 both years.

Clearly the right side needs to be addressed most. We may be able to get a couple decent players in FA, but if we really want a legit starter, a trade would be the way to go. It might make sense to package a player like Boyd for a lineman. The likelihood of another team trading a great lineman to us seems slim though. There just aren't many of them and I think teams understand not to let those players walk when you have them (with the exception of the Bengals several years ago). 

All that said, I'm hoping they can find a player or two in FA that can really dominate up front. Maybe I'm too caught up on the PFF rankings, but the highest rated olineman potentially available only has a 76 overall grade. A lot of these guys have an injury history too. It's an expensive game of finding diamonds in the rough for sure. There are a few decent guys to choose from. 

According to this list, the best lines have a couple 80s in there mixed with low 70s. We'll be lucky to have a line of all mid-low 70s. If we can improve to an average line, that could be enough to put us over the top though. If we really want to put a great line together, we'd need to start by swinging a trade for a legit all-star player though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF Final 2021 Offensive Line Rankings (Regular Season) - Bengalstripes9 - 02-22-2022, 10:48 PM