Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (False) Narrative that Burrow will go the way of Andrew Luck
(02-23-2022, 02:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Didn't Luck play recklessly and have issues with sliding? He ran a good bit, averaging 3.9 rushes per game. For comparison, Joey B runs 3.0 times per game, almost 25% less. Doesn't sound like much, but that's 15+ more hits per season. Down field...where LBs and safeties can hit him like any other player. Combine that with issues with sliding and it wasn't a good combo.

Even then, it's not like Luck was always hurt. He only missed significant time in 2 of his 7 seasons. He retired after playing a full 16 game schedule. I just don't think his heart was in it, and it's possible he retired due to CTE concerns or a lack of love for the game.

Anyways...no one is saying a good line "guarantees" an injury free career. It just greatly improves the odds. Less sacks/hits = less opportunity for a hit that takes out Joe's knees.

EDIT: Yikes...I didn't realize my sig was that gigantic on PC. Looks fine on my phone. LOL

You beat me to it. I don't have any insider info on it but that was my take from the way he was talking. He just wasn't into it anymore. I don't think JB will have that come up anytime soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The (False) Narrative that Burrow will go the way of Andrew Luck - bengalfan74 - 02-23-2022, 02:53 PM