Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compromised OL Off season plan
(02-19-2022, 02:03 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: This is similar to what I am thinking although I would replace Reiff with Morgan Moses.  Reiff would cost about 7.5 million a year and Moses would cost about 10 million.  For 2.5 million more you are getting a younger tackle that is better than Reiff.  At left guard I would go after Conner Williams for 6.7 million. He is only 24 years old, had a PFF grade of 76.1 and only gave up one sack for the year.   Lots of potential for an affordable price.

LT   Jonah Williams
LG   Conner Williams
C     Ben Jones
RG   James Daniels
RT   Morgan Moses

edit:  Let me also add one the reasons I would like to see Conner Williams and James Daniels brought in is because both are 24 years old and should only get better.  If you have two young guards like that for the middle of your line, you could have a foundation set for years.

This is a great plan, i want it, but there will be compromise.  The FO will have issues signing 4 new starters and giving up on their youth...though I don't have an issue with it. 

That's why I think we will see one of Hopkins, Spain or Rieff.  Landing Daniel's is a big deal, and Jones even for 2 years would bring stability.  Just opinion, but it may come down to Spain over Williams or Moses over Reiff.  I have a suspicion that if they make two big improvements to the interior, they may not get Moses.  There could be a domino effect if Armstong signs early and Brown is tagged.  We aren't the only ones that see Moses as one of the few OTs without significant blemish.  That may push his price up, then Cincy pivots to spending money on the interior, cornerback and then keep Rieff and hope for Smith, Carmen or a rookie to push him.  I like your plan better but I'd be surprised. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Compromised OL Off season plan - phil413 - 12-31-2021, 12:14 PM
RE: Compromised OL Off season plan - Au165 - 01-12-2022, 06:23 PM
RE: Compromised OL Off season plan - J24 - 02-16-2022, 01:17 AM
RE: Compromised OL Off season plan - phil413 - 02-23-2022, 10:13 PM