Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Way To Extinguish House Fires?
(02-25-2022, 03:27 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have thought about this for a while and it might be a stupid idea, but, when a house catches fire, couldn't they have a helicopter put a giant class case over the house to put it out?

It would stop the oxygen from getting to the fire and fire needs oxygen to burn.

It's late so let me know if that's a stupid idea but tell me why it wouldn't work if you think it's stupid.

1. Where are they going to store these cases?
2. Houses are all different shapes and sizes and they don't all sit on flat ground.
3. Not every house has room on the sides. Lots of houses have other houses only a couple/few feet away.
4. How would you construct one of these cases and how much would it weigh? (a lot)
5. Landscaping, fences, decks get in the way.
6. Power, cable, phone lines and trees get in the way.
7. Who would pay for the materials to build it, make it portable and then fit a helicopter to carry it?
8. Fire fighters are on duty and usually minutes away from any average fire. The time it would take to get a pilot to a helicopter from where it is, to the glass case and hook it up, then travel to a fire, would be way too long to do any good. Then you have to fit it over the house and hope for perfect conditions. By that time, the house is a pile of burnt wood on the ground.
9. Firefighters often have to go into a structure to save people.
10. Inclement weather?

A 1" thick X 7500 square foot glass case would weigh around 7500 to 8000 lbs in glass alone. And that's for a small house.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Way To Extinguish House Fires? - rfaulk34 - 02-25-2022, 04:01 AM