Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texas governor is demanding people report transchildren
(02-25-2022, 12:24 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I'm religious, my wife is not. We agreed that if we had kids, we wouldn't push anything on them regardless of our beliefs. One thing we both have in common here is this, there's a line in the sand that we won't cross. And that's letting our hypothetical children decide what is best for them when they don't know better. Sex and transitions if brought up by my hypothetical kid (depending on their age and maturity) would be a red flag. Is an adult at school talking to them about their sexuality? Where did they hear it from? A lot of factors come into play here.

Every situation is different for every family. 

I agree, but that is your decision for your kids.  If I recall being a kid, you see things that other kids do and other adults do and say and you ask your parents why you can't do it or why you don't believe it, etc.  That's just part of society.

Like I said, different strokes for different folks.  When I was a kid I was pissed that other kids were allowed to cross the street on their own, or shoot or own guns, or sleep in on Sunday because they didn't go to church...life wasn't fair.  I was bound by the decisions my parents made and what they deemed to be right.

I recall being 10 or so and we had a family gathering and one of my uncles by marriage brought guns with him and we had to leave because I was livid that my cousin Eddie who was only a year older than me was allowed to shoot the gun and I wasn't.  Just replace that with a situation where uncle Jeff starts tossing out the idea that kids can make decisions about their gender identity causing you to pack up your kids and leave.

What I'm saying is that this is just another case of "Billy is allowed to doubt his biological sex!"  "Well, we aren't Billy's parents, and in this house we don't get into that until you are 18."  Whether it's a BB gun or staying up to watch Headbanger's Ball or being allowed to question sexuality, there is always going to be that sort of "Not in this house" vibe.  

It's just another aspect of parenting, isn't it? Seems weird, but I think that's what it comes down to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas governor is demanding people report transchildren - Nately120 - 02-25-2022, 12:35 PM