Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texas governor is demanding people report transchildren
(02-25-2022, 12:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I agree, but that is your decision for your kids.  If I recall being a kid, you see things that other kids do and other adults do and say and you ask your parents why you can't do it or why you don't believe it, etc.  That's just part of society.

Like I said, different strokes for different folks.  When I was a kid I was pissed that other kids were allowed to cross the street on their own, or shoot or own guns, or sleep in on Sunday because they didn't go to church...life wasn't fair.  I was bound by the decisions my parents made and what they deemed to be right.

I recall being 10 or so and we had a family gathering and one of my uncles by marriage brought guns with him and we had to leave because I was livid that my cousin Eddie who was only a year older than me was allowed to shoot the gun and I wasn't.  Just replace that with a situation where uncle Jeff starts tossing out the idea that kids can make decisions about their gender identity causing you to pack up your kids and leave.

What I'm saying is that this is just another case of "Billy is allowed to doubt his biological sex!"  "Well, we aren't Billy's parents, and in this house we don't get into that until you are 18."  Whether it's a BB gun or staying up to watch Headbanger's Ball or being allowed to question sexuality, there is always going to be that sort of "Not in this house" vibe.  

It's just another aspect of parenting, isn't it?  Seems weird, but I think that's what it comes down to.

Definitely. My parents weren't that strict on me, I think they just wanted me to grow up to be a good person. They warned me about things in life to look out for. Y'know, stranger danger, don't jump in anyone's car, candy may not be candy, etc. I had a sister who had Barbie's, and I had action figures. Typical boy/girl. Sometimes I would take the Barbie dolls and use them as extra figures to play along with my action figures. My parents never overreacted to that and nor should they have. Would my buddies had made fun of me and maybe bully me if they seen me doing that? Hell yeah they would. Would they call me gay and be homophobic? Definitely. Was I? No. Am I? No. Now imagine me doing that in today's world as a kid, with parents that push that seed. Would I be gay today? Idk. 

I think Matt_Crimson has it right. A kid lives in a fantasy world a majority of their childhood. You tell them they can be something they're not, they'll believe you. This kid may be 5-9 y/o. They trust you because you're mom/dad. 

KID: I'm Superman!

Dad: Of course buddy! Just don't be jumping on the bed. 

KID: Dad, I don't want to be a boy/girl anymore. I want to change.

Dad: Y'know, I support you and what you want to do. Don't let anyone tell you different.

I need someone to convince me otherwise that I should believe my kid knows exactly what they're talking about when they say certain things. Again, it depends on the age and maturity. Are we really going to roll over and just be like "okay cool I support you" like we're talking with adults? When is a kid not in fantasy land? If a parent tells their kid they are definitely superman, well. I hope they don't attempt to fly out the window. Kids will believe anything a parent tells them. What if this kid wants hormonal changes and shit because Billy down the block did? Where do you cross the line? What if this kid doesn't feel the same way when they become an adult? I wouldn't let my kid get a tattoo, because they would probably hate my ass when they became an adult if they couldn't get laid due to a stretched out and faded paw patrol logo being tatted on their forehead. 

My issue is the pushing, giving kids that seed. Why do it? Why not encourage them to worry about that once they grow older? With the internet, kids can know anything, talk to anyone, etc. I don't believe its as honest as a kid waking up one day and deciding they don't feel comfortable in their own body anymore. It's never that simple. Someone planted that seed. Whether it was a friend, school teacher, parent, or something they ran into on Google search. It's a rabbit hole that kids shouldn't be seduced to. 

Minds can be changed. Body parts and hormones are a little different. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas governor is demanding people report transchildren - Bengalpool - 02-25-2022, 01:28 PM