Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texas governor is demanding people report transchildren
Well, to me the foreboding aspect of stuff like this is the "report people to the government" stuff.  Maybe this transgender stuff is a big deal, maybe it's like 60 years ago telling kids they can "mingle with colored people if they like when they are 18."  I grasp the gravity of the sexual stuff, but at the same time I recognize that we as a society have a tendency to create a "think of the children!" boogie man for each generation.

I guess time will tell if this is a big deal, or not.  I don't have kids because I don't want to expose any kids to my lousy genetics and cynicism so take my equating this to the left-handed panic of the old days with a grain of salt.

I will say that I have a friend from college who graduated, married a man, had a kid, and then transitioned to male.  So they are still married and they are two guys raising the kid...I'm not sure what they'd label it as, but I guess it doesn't matter.  Now, the daughter is one of those gay pride, I have two dad's types and she's also expressed that she is gay or bi or something along those lines (I don't want to assign any specifics to it, since it's not my place to do so).  Of course I'd wonder if she is really gay or bi or is she just convinced she wants to be in with the in crowd that her parents have exposed her to, or is she statistically legitimately of that persuasion.

But really, what it comes down to is that she isn't my kid and she seems ok, and they seem ok and I can have my own damn kids if I want to dictate the rules.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas governor is demanding people report transchildren - Nately120 - 02-25-2022, 01:49 PM