Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Way To Extinguish House Fires?
(02-25-2022, 03:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1. Outside of the fire house or wherever a helicopter is kept.

2. The shape of the houses don't matter as long as you have case big enough.

3. It wouldn't work on every house, so does that mean you shouldn't use it on the houses it does work on?

4. Construction companies? Not sure on cost but the money it could save would make it worth it.

5. See 3.

6. See 3 and 5.

7. The government. A normal helicopter would hopefully be able to carry it.

8. The glass case could be kept near the helicopter and even hooked up at all times. Even if it's not connected at all times, a few clamps and it's ready to go. Also, helicopters can fly at 120+ miles per hour. If it's a small house fire, obviously it wouldn't be needed, but it sometimes takes firefighters hours to put out house fires, so this would cut down on time by a great deal.

9. They'd obviously have to get people out first.

10. Like what? Unless there's a tornado or hurricane, why would weather matter.

You wouldn't need to fly around helicopters all the time because how often is there a house fire that would require it?

Another major downside to this is that it is rather rare for a fire department to have access to a helicopter. My father-in-law works for the fire department, he's a fire investigator now. He was on firehouse duty for 15-20 years and we live in a city of 1+ million people. None of his firehouses had access to a helicopter, and our city may only have access to one in total. I've personally never seen a fire department helicopter, so I'm not sure here. I know our PD has one. 

I think the idea is creative, but impractical. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Way To Extinguish House Fires? - KillerGoose - 02-25-2022, 06:51 PM