Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keep in mind - 2023 and beyond
(02-25-2022, 10:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Fans get worked up when All-Pro talent that the team drafted and developed are seen as able to simply be dismissed, by other fans of the same team.  

You dont know who Kevin Byard is?  If fans dont know the market why even enter the debate?

And Im not dismissing Bates, my opinion is to pay the guy $14M and pray he goes back to 2020 form, continue that playoff level play.

My question is; why are fans getting so worked up even though the guy is coming back next year, regardless of contract or tag?

When did Bates become freaking Ed Reed?  His stats were very very average this year.  Fans are clamoring to spend money on great olinemen but also pushing for Top 3 pay to a Safety who ranked #37 at his position... 

I like Bates, but paying him Top 3 pay based on his last 4 games might not be the best idea. But what if we do? Pay him $16-17M and we continue to get #37 ranked play...?  High dollars to one player are prevented from adding to another spot.

Only Bengal fans shout loudly and fight for the Free Safety to be the highest paid defender and WR3 to be the highest paid offensive player.  We really know the formula for a Championship roster.  (Bellichek reads our board and laughs himself to sleep)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep in mind - 2023 and beyond - pally - 02-24-2022, 02:02 PM
RE: Keep in mind - 2023 and beyond - pally - 02-25-2022, 09:49 AM
RE: Keep in mind - 2023 and beyond - casear2727 - 02-26-2022, 12:23 AM