Poll: Which one stays?
Hopkins
Spain
Reiff
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One stays: Hopkins, Spain or Reiff?
Spain is the better player, but what is the plan at RT?

Plan A: Find a way to get a stud RT, sign Spain for 4-5M and upgrade center. But how do we get the RT?

Armstrong will get monopoly money, Orlando Brown will get tagged, Trent Brown is injury prone, as is Fisher (really a LT), Duane Brown is old, therefore Moses gets overpaid with long term guarantees Cincy won't do. Reiff may be about the 7th best OT in FA and I'm anti planning for a RT to fall to 31 and be NFL ready....yet open to the pick it it's value.

Plan B: take advantage of the IOL FA class depth, even upgrading over I'm warming to the idea of building a good nucleus inside for the sake of RT being the weak link going into the draft. Then if a solid RT is there so be it.

I hope I'm wrong and they get Moses to sign for less guaranteed in a 3rd year and one of the solid guards and centers. That may take away from paying a vet corner but you'd have a decent backup with the depth of the class and then hit CB and DT early.

Maybe I'm missing the boat on a stopgap option at RT, if we are letting Reiff go.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One stays: Hopkins, Spain or Reiff? - phil413 - 02-27-2022, 02:02 AM