Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy answer to our short yardage probems.
(02-27-2022, 11:22 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hilarious
When people have no response, they just post emojis like that

ThumbsUp
(02-27-2022, 12:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Seems to me if we need 1 yard, line them up in the I formation with Shelvin taught to play fullback ala Peko. The line engages into a stalemate as usual, Shelvin then blasts it with his huge body, and Mixon goes over the top. 1st down.
According to a lot of people on here, Mixon or Perine would have been able to jump over the line from the gun because momentum plays no role in anything.

Rolleyes
(02-27-2022, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If "fooling the defense" makes any difference then running with Burrow under center would even be worse because we are even more likely to run from that formation.

So what exactly is your point?  Why is it better for JB to be under center when we run on short yardage situations?

As I showed in the video, which you continue to ignore because visual facts kill your argument, the backers attacked the line immediately, so Perine having to pause for a split second and not having a head start momentum when he received the ball, as well as not getting to the line a split second faster, cost him the short distance that he didn't make the first down by.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy answer to our short yardage probems. - BFritz21 - 02-27-2022, 03:49 PM