Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higher Education Act Renewal
So I get emails with industry headlines all of the time and of course one big topic since we are currently in a situation where the act will expire soon since the continuances (or whatever they are called) run out at the end of the fiscal year.

Congress has been looking at ways at cutting college costs as well as other ways to make things more affordable for students. Streamlining Title IV funding (Federal Student Aid such as Stafford/Direct Student Loans, Perkins Loans, Pell Grants, FSEOG, etc.) has also been a big topic as many of my peers across the country are trying to save the Perkins program (I am not one of them, let it die). Anyway, I know this has been a topic of discussion around these parts. Higher education spending, the DoE, all sorts of that fun stuff. So I figured I'd start a thread and put up things I come across in relation to it on the off chance anyone is interested. I know we have members that are in various stages of their life, including either getting ready to go to college, in college, or with children in the same boat.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
Higher Education Act Renewal - Belsnickel - 06-05-2015, 09:53 AM