Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does football mean to YOU?
(02-26-2022, 02:25 PM)Housh Wrote: My real name is Nathan and football has easily been my favorite sport over the years and its not close.

Football IMO is the superior sport due to violence. I love the violence of football. I love a WR lowering his shoulder and getting 1 more yard. I love a Linebacker leveling a running back in the A gap. I love watching defensive backs cover. I literally sit and watch hours of offensive lineman blocking. This is why my favorite play of the year is when Jamarr Chase busted his ass to block for that long Mixon run. It was a WR showing that he wants to win regardless of what he had to do.

I was a small passive kid in high school. I didn't play any organized sports, and didn't have an aggressive demeanor. I could catch a football tho. That was the avenue I used to make friends. Most of my childhood friendships to this day are kids that I randomly met in a field playing football. This is why i love football. Football to me is more than a sport. Football was the way this awkward kid could start conversations with people.  If your day is going bad, you can play football and win or lose your day is better. If you experience discrimination for ANY reason at all, you can play football and on the field you are equal.

I feel this way about football every year, but I cannot lie. The Bengals making it to the bowl is the only reason I made this post. I love the Bengals regardless of the names on the jersey. Seeing this squad make it so far re-ignited the flame that got me loving football in the first place. My first professional joy was seeing Chad Johnson and John Kitna. Now its Burrow and Chase.

Iv been on this board for over a decade and dont know some of your stories. Did you play in college or high school? Were you a coach? I would absolutely love it if the regulars on this board wrote what made them fans and/or why you love football.

We were born with the same first name man, even though everyone calls me Nate as that is what I prefer. I was too small in 
High School for the coaches to give me any thought of playing real football with pads but I wish I would of went out for it. 

After HS I grew 4 inches and not many people recognize me that I went to school with lol

Loved the game then even though I was much better at basketball where I made my hay. I played tons of street football and 
about got badly hurt many times. Tackle football with no pads isn't for the faint of heart especially when you are the smallest 
kid on the field, at least I was at the time. I was a damn good Returner, RB, WR and DB of all sorts. Thought if I would of went
out for the team I could of made it and did some great things. I will never know though, so I just watch my Bengals and dream.

Was a great season for us and we are arguably the best football team in the world right now if we made a couple plays in the 
Superbowl. I too love watching the hitting, the technique and the instincts in all facets of the game of football more than any 
other sport by far.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What does football mean to YOU? - Housh - 02-26-2022, 02:25 PM
RE: What does football mean to YOU? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-28-2022, 02:48 PM