Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy answer to our short yardage probems.
(03-01-2022, 01:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If we didn't have the line, then it's better to at least hand it to the back running forward to get some momentum.

Doesn't even have to be power-I, but giving it to him at a stand-still gives the defense time to get a push on our shitty offensive line.

Bottom line is he would have hit the line a split second faster, which would have gotten him more distance on the field, and he only came up a little bit short.

Would it have been better, or is that just your opinion?  The data from the season clearly showed that the Bengals offense was much more effective out of shotgun in that situation than under center.

As for giving the RB the ball from shotgun giving the DL and advantage?  I don't know about that, either.  If a rushing play is called, the OL is still supposed to be the aggressors, and move their opponents off of the ball, same as when lined up under center.

It wasn't a play call that failed the Bengals, it was a failure to execute on the line of scrimmage.  If it truly were shoddy play calling, we'd have 20+ current threads on here about how Zac Tayor or Brian Callahan needs to be replaced, rather than the large number of threads focused on how the Bengals can/should improve the offensive line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy answer to our short yardage probems. - SunsetBengal - 03-01-2022, 01:43 PM