Poll: Hopkins to OG if a C is added?
Yes, move him to OG
Release him
Keep him at C, he's fine
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG?
(03-01-2022, 06:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hear ya, Nate, but I disagree on Hopkins....He was a very solid guard.  And RG would be ideal for him now...

Athleticism is an underrated quality in interior linemen.  Pouncey was a top Center and didn't weigh 300 lbs.  From everything I have seen, Lindenbaum is an elite prospect.  Him under Center and Hopkins at RG with a FA tackle like Armstead makes this team a Super Bowl Champ...not just a contender.  

And FWIW, with all the turmoil around the league for QBs, and the cap issues facing some teams, I think the Bengals have a real shot even without a massive overhaul on the line.  But I still hope it happens. 

Definitely would be awesome to get both Armstead (if he can stay healthy) and Linderbaum. I just think we can do much better
than what I have seen from Hop at RG. Heck I have more faith in Carman there than Hop from what I have seen. I would like to 
get James Daniels and Trent Brown if we are going for youth along with Linderbaum and I think this would be a SB Champ OL.

Armstead is older than Trent Brown by like 4 years, I know Trent has had problems being motivated but that might change with 
him coming over to block for Burrow.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-01-2022, 07:23 PM