Poll: Hopkins to OG if a C is added?
Yes, move him to OG
Release him
Keep him at C, he's fine
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG?
(03-02-2022, 09:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I had not heard that.  I sure don't want to break the chemistry of this group with a vet that is just drawing a check.  Not saying he is that, but you get what I am saying.  The fit has to match the talent. 

Carman is only 21 and has serious strength and upside, but I don't know about his development.  He seems to be a bit stubborn as though he has always done it this way and has been viewed as a very good lineman.  I question his work ethic and desire more than his outright talent, and that is too bad because he has flashed massive potential, but there is nothing more detrimental to a young talent than a lack of desire or coachability.  

I was talking about Trent Brown with the motivation question, not Armstead. The question with Armstead is injury history.

Hope that isn't the case with Carman, don't think it is. He seems like a team player all the way. I just think he needs to really
work on his hand placement. He has had a little trouble with penalties cause of this and he gets beaten in pass rushing situations
cause of it. One he gets his hands on dudes in the run game though it is over and I would of started him for this very reason the
entire Playoffs and the Superbowl over Adeniji who just sucks and plays on roller skates.

(03-02-2022, 11:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Was there some interview or something that gave you that impression?

I would assume/hope the Bengals asked questions with all the draft picks leading up to the draft to ask them about their coaching style preference, how they best learn, etc.

Wondering the same. Never heard about Carman being stubborn.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-02-2022, 02:28 PM