Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OL or DT Possible 1st Bengals Pick
There is a name of a Blocker that comes up in many Mock Drafts on ESPN, CBS, ect....But also a name of a DT. These name come out so much, I have to think there is something to it. Now I really want more Blocking for Burrow and Mixon, especially Burrow. Some Mock Drafts say the Bengals will be in need of this DT also. Still, the DT can't Block for Burrow. Burrow is getting killed back there. Most sacked QB in NFL. Bengals made Super Bowl because Burrow escaped enough sacks to run or pass for 1st downs, but the O Line needs a lot more help NOW, ASAP. Bengals can't kick that can down the road anymore. Of course Chase was a better pick than Sewell, but passing on Sewell in 2021 means Burrow needs a Blocker in Pick 1 in 2022.

It could be the DT listed at end of Round 1, but I'm hoping it is The Blocker For Burrow. Even if they add Free Agent Blockers, We still need a more Long Term Solution for Blocking in Pock 1.

The other positions go on the back burner, because BLOCKING FOR BURROW has to be PRIORITY NUMBER ONE. The Bengals O Line got his knee injured and Burrow was lucky the doctors did as good as they did, but that knee needs MORE BLOCKING. We can't have this O Line getting Burrow career injured. We should want Burrow as Bengals Quarterback the next 10 to 15 years. To pull THAT off we must ADD BLOCKING. Without BLOCKING Bengals won't beat Browns, Steelers or Ravens, let alone make a play-off run for Super Bowl. IF this team had better BLOCKING, it would be THE DYNASTY TEAM of the 2020's Decade

I'm still for trading out of the end of Round 1 and into early part of Round 2 and adding a later Draft Pick. I'm one of the few people that want it, but Pick 31 is NOT a great pick. Pick 33 to Pick 37 are just as good, and why not try to add an extra Draft Pick around Rounds 4 or 5. I would say Round 3, but that may not be possible with Pick 31. I could see getting an extra Round 4 or Round 5, and still getting a player as good as Pick 31 in the early part of Round 2. Now why an extra pick ? To add much needed Depth at some positions later in the Draft.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
OL or DT Possible 1st Bengals Pick - kevin - 03-03-2022, 05:25 AM